Despite the Danish Sugar and Fat tax, a new business has opened up in Aarhus. CupcakeFabrikken (cupcakefabrikken.blogspot.com) is a delightful little shop situated in downtown Aarhus and is owned and operated by a charming Danish woman named Julia. Her simple operation features colourful melamine dishes, eclectic baking supplies (most shipped in from North America) and a kitchen, where she creates the delicious cupcakes and fondants!
My friend Laura and I thought it would be fun to take our kids there for an afternoon of sweet indulgences! We were not disappointed!
We arrived to the smell of freshly baked cupcakes and a table filled with a colourful assortment of fondants, royal icing and sprinkles. After a quick fondant lesson we were set free to decorate! The kids had fun and it was great to let them be creative...cutting the fondant, swirling the icing and dipping into the sprinkle bowl. Laura and I found our inner "Betty Crocker" and created some beautiful cupcakes of our own!
I cannot wait to go back in August to celebrate Annika's birthday!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment