
After Annika and Hayden 's last day of school we packed the car and made the 6 1/2 hour drive to Berlin, Germany. The drive actually ended up being more like 7 1/2 hours because our GPS took us about 120kms out of the way. We were meeting Ian's Dad, his wife Brenda and her daughter Clary for a quick weekend away.
We did what we do in every new city we visit...The Hop-on Hop-off City bus tour! I love those tours! This enabled us to see the sites quickly and we were able to decide where we wanted to go back to. We decided on the Memorial of Murdered Jews and of the remnants of the Berlin Wall.
The Memorial of Murdered Jews was hauntingly beautiful and brought tears to my eyes knowing how lucky my Polish Grandparents were that they were Catholic upon their capture during WW II.
The Berlin Wall was amazing to see. I was surprised that it was not that high or thick, but I am sure it was much more imposing with barb wire and armed guards. We took a family photo in front of the wall. I thought that the graffiti "Madness" was fitting.

No comments:
Post a Comment